Jovita, an international executive coach and trusted advisor, supports and collaborates with aspiring and seasoned leaders as they come up to speed more quickly in new roles, adapt to rapidly changing global environments, and discover ways to raise their levels of confidence, executive presence, effectiveness, and profitability. As a speaker, seminar leader, author, and west coast aerospace “hidden figure”, Jovita inspires audiences to shift their mindsets and overcome their success roadblocks.
Jovita began her professional career as a pioneering woman in aerospace when the
industry was in its infancy and there were very few women in the engineering ranks.
Companies included: Rockwell, The Aerospace Corp, and TRW. She rose through the ranks from technical individual contributor (systems engineer) to manager (project team leader, project manager, front-line manager, department manager, proposal manager, program manager, and division manager). Major programs supported include the B-1 Bomber, Space Shuttle, Space Station, Minuteman and Peacekeeper missile programs, Hubble Space Telescope, numerous satellite programs, and NASA and Air Force program acquisition.
She left corporate America to leverage her hard-won wisdom to help others master the skill sets needed to more effectively lead in organizations, startups, and small
businesses, manage challenging situations and people, transition to new roles and
responsibilities, and overcome roadblocks to their success.
Major pursuits since leaving the corporate setting include:
- Founding Guide for Chief, a private network designed specifically for women leaders
- Executive coach on the Landit.com, WITI.com, and Coachsource online platforms
- Founder/CEO of GOOYOW Group, formerly Ajides International, a consulting and training firm
- Instructor in Technical Management Program at UCLA
- Executive Coach to Executive Directors/Boards for Executive Service Corps
- Commissioner, L.A. Quality and Productivity Commission
- Author: Get Out Of Your Own Way – Create The Next Chapter Of Your Life,
- Nationally known speaker on topics of success, leadership, and transformation.
- Leadership Coach at Insights Coaching Center, Northrop Grumman
- Chair for TEC International (now Vistage)
- Math Instructor at L. A. Southwest College
Jovita holds BS and MS degrees in Math and an MBA from UCLA’s prestigious
Anderson School of Business. She is certified as a professional coach through the
International Coach Federation and is an Area Director for Toastmasters International.
- International Coach Federation (ICF)
- National Speakers Association (NSA)
- Women In Technology Int’l (WITI)
- Anita Borg (Anitab)
- Black Women In Tech (BWIT)
- The Bella Network
- L.A. Council of Black Professional Engineers (LACBPE)
- UCLA Anderson Women Alumni
- Toastmasters International